The first Supercar A final attempt during the finale of the Swedish Rallycross Championship at the Kinnekulle Ring near Götene came to a dramatic end when the rent-a-car Škoda Fabia of Peter Hedström caught fire while in the lead and the race was stopped by red flag. The damage on the car of Belgian Jochen Coox was too big to be repaired and the second start of the last race of the day went without Hedström. Here it was the old warhorse Per Eklund who claimed victory from Stig-Olov Walfridsson and Tomas Andersson. However, the win fell rather late prey to the Saab driver when the Renault campaigner was hampered by a flat tyre, jokered during the last lap when his Clio was eventually passed by Eklund in the 9-3.
- Supercar – Final Results:
- 1. Per Eklund (S) Saab 9-3
- 2. Stig-Olov Walfridsson (S) Renault Clio III
- 3. Tomas Andersson (S) BMW E81
- 4. Mats Öhman (S) Volvo S40 II
- 5. Peter Hedström (S) Škoda Fabia I
- 6. Pekka Mustakallio (FIN) Mitsubishi Lancer E8