The proposed calendar for the 2012 European Rallycross Championship was set today by the FIA Off-Road Commission. As expected, the calendar lists ten events with Hungary, Finland and Germany all returning to the series. The three returning events had been bumped off the schedule after being ranked as the least successful rounds in the 2010 championship, but are automatically eligible to return in 2012 on the championship’s rotation system. To make space for their inclusion in the series that can have a maximum of ten events, Portugal and the Czech Republic have lost their round after being placed at the bottom of the 2011 event rankings, the third vacancy provided by Poland’s (see Poland plans a break) withdrawal from the 2012 series.
At the end of a year in which the event rankings were said to be ‘very close’, Sweden was once again judged to be the best event and remains the standard to which others must aspire. Poland’s decision to sit out the 2012 season provided an easy escape for Austria which was ranked eighth and would have lost its place in the championship had the Automobilklub Rzemieślnik not surrendered its event. The calendar remains provisional until approved by the World Motor Sport Council on December 7 in New Delhi, India.
- 2012 FIA European Rallycross Championships:
- April 7-9, Great Britain, Lydden
- April 27-29, France, Dreux (subject to final track approval!)
- May 25-27, Austria, Greinbach
- June 1-3, Hungary, Nyirád
- June 22-24, Norway, Hell
- June 29-July 1, Sweden, Höljes
- August 3-5, Belgium, Maasmechelen
- August 10-12, Holland, Valkenswaard
- September 21-23, Finland, Kouvola
- September 28-30, Germany, Buxtehude
« Previous Post Next Post »